How to get glowing skin
There are many ways to improve the skin’s radiance. People can improve the health of their skin by making diet and lifestyle changes. There are also many skin care and makeup products on the market that can give the appearance of glowing skin.
Glowing skin means different things to people. Many people use the term to refer to skin that looks healthy and “awake” rather than dry, dull, or unevenly textured. For some, healthy skin results in a natural sheen, or “glow.”
Healthy skin is something that most people can work towards. Typically, healthy skin will appear:
- smooth, with few breaks or blemishes
- adequately hydrated, being neither too dry nor too oily
- fairly even in color, rather than red or inflamed.
Everyone’s skin is different. Some people may be naturally more able to achieve a glowing appearance than others due to a range of factors.
The factors that influence skin health include:
- Genetics: A person may be more likely to have dry or dull skin due to their genes. Some dry skin conditions, such as atopic dermatitis, are genetics.
- Hormones: Fluctuations in hormone levels can trigger breakouts of acne and change how oily or dry a person’s skin is. This is true for people of all sexes, particularly during puberty, pregnancy, and menopause.
- Health conditions and medications: If a person has other coexisting health conditions, or takes medications, this could impact the health of their skin. For example, hormonal birth control can have either a positive or negative influence.
- Environment: Exposure to sunlight, extreme temperatures, dry air, tobacco smoke, and pollution can all have a negative impact on the skin.
- Behavior: Water intake, diet, sleep, stress, and exercise can influence the skin. The products a person uses on their skin can also either help or hinder skin health.
Cleansing products help remove dirt, makeup, and excess oil from the skin. When choosing a cleanser, it is important to look for one that is gentle, pH-balanced, and does not include harsh chemicals or soap.
Cleanse the skin upon waking up, before going to sleep, and after sweating. Use warm water rather than cold or hot, and pat the skin dry with a clean towel.
Moisturizers add water to the skin. For best results, the AAD recommends applying moisturizer immediately after cleansing in order to to trap moisture in the skin.
People with oily skin may prefer an oil-free moisturizer, while those with dry skin may prefer something heavier that contains oils or butters.
A healthy diet benefits the entire body, including the skin. Even if a person has a good skin care routine, they may not find their skin looks healthy if they do not take care of themselves internally.
Avoid foods that are high in sugar, saturated fat, and salt. Instead, focus on:
- fresh fruits and vegetables
- whole grains
- lean proteins
- healthy fats, such as olive oil, avocados, and nuts
Drink water (8-10 glasses a day) and reduce alcohol consumption
Naturally glowing skin is typically skin that is healthy and hydrated. People can work towards this by gradually implementing a skin care routine, as well as by making changes to their diet or lifestyle where necessary.
The best skin care I ever had..I look absolutely beautiful..my face is glowing like never before 😍..I love natural beautiful bliss